What is the CYBERSECURITY ASSOCIATION OF MARYLAND, INC.?
The Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, Inc. (CAMI) is a statewide, 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization formed in 2015 to identify Maryland’s cybersecurity product and service companies and facilitate the introduction of those companies to businesses, government entities, nonprofit organizations and academic institutions seeking cybersecurity solutions. CAMI’s mission is to create a global cybersecurity marketplace in Maryland and generate thousands of high-pay jobs through the cybersecurity industry.
CAMI’s Online Directory of Hundreds of Cybersecurity Providers
CAMI hosts a statewide online directory of hundreds of cybersecurity providers (Cybersecurity Company Directory) at www.MDcyber.com along with an online Support Services Company Directory of businesses and organizations providing support and resources to Maryland’s cybersecurity industry. Both directories are searchable by keywords, industry sectors and more. The Cybersecurity Company Directory is also searchable by special designations associated with the cybersecurity companies, designations like woman-owned, MBE certified, veteran-owned, minority-owned, 8a certified and HubZone located. There is no fee for cybersecurity companies to be listed in CAMI’s online Cybersecurity Company Directory. Companies must complete and submit an online application to be considered for the Directory. Each application is reviewed for eligibility before being approved for the Directory.
CAMI Events and Programs
CAMI hosts, or partners with other organizations to co-host, over 30 programs and events each year to provide:
- relevant and educational cybersecurity information for cybersecurity companies, general businesses of all sizes, government entities, nonprofits, academic institutions and at times, students and job seekers
- face-to-face access to Maryland’s cybersecurity product/service companies and industry leaders
- networking opportunities
For a complete list of events and programs, click here.
Who leads CAMI’s efforts?
CAMI is operated by a full-time Executive Director and a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of experienced executives from a variety of local and global businesses, organizations, academic institutions and agencies. View Board here.
Joe Mezzanotte, Partner, Whiteford Taylor & Preston, serves as legal counsel to CAMI. PNC Bank is CAMI’s financial services provider. Mark D. Grant, LLC provides accounting services to CAMI. PSA Insurance serves as CAMI’s insurance agency. And CAMI’s online presence (www.MDcyber.com) is powered by Summit Business Technologies.
CAMI has forged non-financial partnerships with the following organizations/entities to ensure success in achieving its mission. Many of the organizations represent businesses/entities for which CAMI-affiliated cybersecurity companies could potentially have cybersecurity solutions to fit their needs.
- Government: MD Department of Commerce, Maryland TEDCO, Anne Arundel Economic Development Corp, Frederick County Economic Development Authority, Baltimore Development Corp, Howard County Economic Development Authority, Baltimore County Department of Economic and Workforce Development, Harford County Economic Development, Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation, City of Frederick Department of Economic Development, Cecil County Office of Economic Development
- Chambers of Commerce: Maryland, Montgomery, Harford, West Anne Arundel County, Howard, Global Chamber Baltimore
- Large: Startup Maryland, Fort Meade Alliance, BWI Business Partnership, Regional Manufacturing Institute of Maryland
- Tech Councils: Maryland Tech Council, Northeastern Maryland, GovConnects
- Incubators & Accelerators: [email protected], Chesapeake Innovation Center, Emerging Technology Center
- Others: MD Israel Development Center, Greater Maryland Better Business Bureau
How is CAMI funded?
CAMI is primarily funded (over 90%) through corporate sponsorships and income generated through events and programs. Additional funds are provided through a grant from the Maryland Department of Commerce. CAMI is not a “state agency” and is not owned or operated by the State of Maryland or any other government entity.
Why Maryland for your cybersecurity solutions?
Cybersecurity has never been more important – with breaches increasingly more sophisticated, frequent and damaging. Every business needs some level of cyber protection, and Maryland’s cybersecurity product and service companies, many with experience in the U.S. intelligence community and Department of Defense, can provide that protection for local, national and global businesses of all types and sizes.
Maryland is home to many federal, commercial and academic cybersecurity assets and resources including:
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE)
- US Cyber Command
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
- Army Research Lab
- Cyber Command
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- University of MD College Park
- University of MD Baltimore County (UMBC)
- 17 colleges with NSA’s National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE) certification (including Anne Arundel Community College, Howard Community College, Montgomery College, Towson University and United States Naval Academy)
- Over 25 technology and business incubators and accelerators including [email protected] Cyber Incubator
- Companies like:
- Sourcefire, acquired by Cisco in 2013 for $2.7 billion
- Winvale, contracted by the Federal Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to assist with its follow-up efforts on the large 2015 data breach
And so much more. Together, they have produced leading cybersecurity innovations, some of the most intelligent and skilled cybersecurity professionals, and a wide array of outstanding cybersecurity product and service companies – many of which have achieved local, national and international acclaim.
For more information on Maryland’s cybersecurity ecosystem, visit the Maryland Department of Commerce website here.
How to connect with Maryland’s cybersecurity product and service providers:
- Shop the Maryland Cyber Companies Directory here.
- Attend buyer/seller introduction events hosted by Buy MD Cyber & our partner organizations across Maryland. View Maryland cybersecurity events here.
Want to be more involved with CAMI? Have questions? Contact us.