The American Visionary Art Museum provided the backdrop Thursday night for this year’s edition the Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards.
The awards seek to spotlight startups making moves around the state, as well as the incubators that provide support to help them grow.
Before the awards, Demian Costa of Sagamore Ventures highlighted developments at City Garage in Port Covington, including the recent opening of a new Betamore campus and the year-old Foundery makerspace.
List of Award Winners:
Best Life Sciences Company
- FZata, a [email protected] developing antibody technology.
Best Cyber Company
Best Software Company
- Leverege, a Germantown Innovation Center company that makes an Internet of Things platform.
Best Health IT Company
- emocha, makers of a video medication monitoring platform based at Johns Hopkins Fast Froward.
Best Technology Company
- Vitusvet, a Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship company that makes a veterinary medicine app.
Best Services Company
- Fearless, a [email protected] firm working on the U.S. Small Business Administration website and the Billion Oyster Project, among other work.
To see the original posted article, click here.