Take your Maryland-Based Business into Global Markets
Resources courtesy of Maryland Department of Commerce.
Maryland offers its businesses the following resources for global expansion:
- The ExportMD program, offering Maryland small and mid-size companies up to $5,000 reimbursement for expenses associated with an international marketing project.
- The Maryland Global Consulting Program, which gives Maryland companies the opportunity to work with high-achieving students from the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- A network of 18 International Trade Offices overseas: Africa, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, France, India, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates. Investment only services offered in South Korea.
- The FlexEx Program that offers Maryland companies up to 20 hours of assistance per year from the Maryland Department of Commerce’s trade experts around the globe. Assistance can be used for services ranging from distributor or partner search to insight on local regulations. Assistance must directly relate to export products or services. To apply, contact the Maryland Department of Commerce’s international team at 410-767-0685.
- The Maryland-Netherlands Cybersecurity Exchange Program, which provides Maryland companies the opportunity to soft land for up to 90 days in the Hague Security Delta with our Dutch partners and receive office space and match-making services to promote the expansion of their business into Europe. Contact Jessica Reynolds to apply and for full program information.
- Access to four Foreign Trade Zones, including:
- The Port of Baltimore
- Additional services through the Maryland Department of Commerce include: International and industry research; marketing products and services abroad; assessing requirements for export documentation; opportunity to participate in foreign trade shows and missions; and making business connections.
Regional Manager, Division of International Investment & Trade
Maryland Department of Commerce