Below are cybersecurity-related resources in Maryland and beyond
Available Maryland Cybersecurity Tax Credits:Click here
for a recording of an informative webinar from the Better Business Bureau of Greater Maryland, the Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, Inc. and the Maryland Department of Commerce regarding the Buy Maryland Cybersecurity Tax Credit.View the current list of Qualified Maryland Cybersecurity Sellers (QMCS)Cybersecurity protection sources for the business community: Information sources for cybersecurity companies operating in MD and cybersecurity companies seeking to establish a presence in MD:For cybersecurity businesses operating in MD seeking to establish a presence internationally:Maryland Department of Commerce Resources for Taking your Maryland Business into Global Markets
Services through the Maryland Department of Commerce include: International and industry research; marketing products and services abroad; assessing requirements for export documentation; opportunity to participate in foreign trade shows and missions; and making business connections. For more information click here
.Doing Business with Government (Local, State, Federal)
Information sources for cybersecurity career seekers:Cybersecurity Blogs:
- Dark Reading is an online community of cyber security professionals, and includes articles, live chats, story discussions, radio shows and articles by influential IT professionals.
- Krebs on Security is written and curated by Brian Krebs, an American journalist and investigative reporter best known for his coverage of profit-seeking cybercriminals. This blog features posts on cyber justice, data breaches, security updates, emerging Internet threats and online crime investigations.
- Security Week Stay up-to-date with the latest threats, trends and technology with insightful blogs and news stories written and curated by leading experts in the cybersecurity industry. Popular topics include information security, risk management, cloud security, application security, smart device security and cybercrime.
- Security Now! Podcast by Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte. This podcast is produced by the same team responsible for This Week in Tech (TWiT), one of the most popular tech podcasts. This weekly shows covers a variety of InfoSec topics. Listeners can subscribe to new episodes or download archived podcasts. Transcripts are also available in PDF format.
- Security Weekly offers advice each week by and for information security professionals. Security Weekly is one of the longest running podcasts on the Internet, with the first broadcast airing all the way back in 2005. The website also offers an in-depth look at issues such as security technology, new products and interviews with industry insiders, making it one of the best cyber security resources online.
- Defensive Security Podcast specializes in examining recent cyber security breaches and strategies for protecting against them. In addition to ongoing podcasts, this is a website every security professional will want to bookmark. It’s a gateway to accessing the other fantastic resources, from forensics links, malware analysis resources and incident response sites to lists of industry reports and recommended readings.